Warrior Network is once again partnering with the Company Grade
Officers Council (CGOC) at Barksdale Air Force Base and their Operation Bright
NEW THIS YEAR: We are also partnering with the Barksdale First Sergeant Council and their Operation Warm Heart project.
All funds raised through this campaign will go toward helping some of our young heroes at
Barksdale get to spend this Christmas at home with their families and taking care of our airmen's needs as they serve here at Barksdale.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2018
WHO CAN BE INVOLVED? Anyone, both civilians and military
RUN TIME: Fun Run: 5:30pm -- 5K: 6:00pm (Chip Timed)
HUGE PROFESSIONAL FIREWORKS SHOW: 7:30pm
LOCATION: CHRIST FIT GYM // 1040 Chinaberry Dr, Bossier City, LA 71111
Fun Run - $15 per person (age 12 and under - $5 discount for military kids)
5K - $25 per person ($5 discount for military and veterans.)
*** Pre-registration for the run ends the evening of Thursday, October 15.
*** Packet pick-up will be at Christ Fit Gym between 9:00am and 3:00pm on Friday, October 16.
*** You can register in person at packet pick up.
*** You can also register in person the night of the event beginning at 4:30pm.
The evening will consist of the runs, awards, t-shirts, music, food, a huge professional fireworks show, inflatables, and more.
- Run the Fun Run (kids only) or 5K (anyone) and enjoy the entire evening,
- Register for the 5K to show your support even though you're unable to attend (register below).
- Make a $10 minimum donation at the door to enjoy the festivities but not run the race (sign up below).
Check out the registration area below for all the details.
PLEASE READ: If you are planning to come, here are a few things you NEED TO KNOW.
1. The address for Christ Fit Gym is 1040 Chinaberry Drive Bossier City, LA 71111. This is the NEW Christ Fit Gym north of I-220 off of Benton Road.
2. Registration, check in, and donations will all take place INSIDE the "blue room" at the gym. There are big overhead doors that will be open. When you arrive, please proceed there to get checked in. If you are not running and just coming to enjoy the night, you can make your donations at the same place.
3. Parking will be around Chinaberrys, Vicki's School of Dance, etc. The lot at Christ Fit will be closed and will serve as our fireworks viewing area.
4. If you are just attending and hanging out, you can arrive anytime after 5:00pm but please note that we will not have food available until after the run starts at 6:00pm. Attenders can arrive after the run begins if you would like. Fireworks will fire at 7:30pm.
5. PLEASE BRING A LAWN CHAIR OR BLANKET WITH YOU! We will not have any chairs or tables available.
6. Come relaxed and enjoy the evening.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE FUN RUN AND 5K IS OPEN.
- YOU CAN REGISTER HERE OR IN PERSON AT PACKET PICK UP OR AT THE EVENT ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 BETWEEN 4:30PM AND 5:30PM (Cost to register at Packet Pick Up or at the event is $5 more).
- If you can not attend but want to support the cause, you can
- If you do not wish to run but want to come to the event to enjoy the festivities, cheer on the runners, and watch the fireworks show, then come on! All we ask is for a minimun $10 donation at the door the evening of the event.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RUN IN THE 5K TO ATTEND.
You can show up at the event and cheer on the runners, take in the HUGE 13 minute professional fireworks show, enjoy the food, listen to the live music, play on the inflatables, and more. Attenders will be asked to make a $10 minimum donation per person over the age of 16 at the gate (15 and under get in free). If you want to attend, fill out the form below so that we can adequately prepare. YOU will go a long way to helping us meet our fundraising goals and HELPING SEND YOUNG AIRMEN LIVING AT BARKSDALE HOME THIS CHRISTMAS.
We need a handful of volunteers for this event. If you would like to serve from 5:00pm-9:00pm for this event, please fill out the form found at the VOLUNTEER link below. You will be helping in areas such as parking, race detail, inflatables, setup, cleanup, serving food, etc. Once you arrive, we will assign jobs for the evening.
FIREWORKS SPONSOR: LANG ORTHODONTICS
RACE SPONSOR: BARKSDALE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
CLINT DAVIS COUNSELING, LLC
LAMB SPECIALTY ADVERTISING
MAGEE RESOURCE GROUP
AIR FORCE SERGEANTS ASSOCIATION CHAPTER 615
FIRST COMMAND FINANCIAL SERVICES
THE MILLER FAMILY
TEXAS ROADHOUSE - BOSSIER CITY
KTBS 3 NEWS
RED RIVER BANK
BARKSDALE FAMILY HOUSING
BARKSDALE OFFICER SPOUSE CLUB
OPEN ROAD FELLOWSHIP
BROADMOOR BAPTIST CHURCH
MEN OF COURAGE LOUISIANA
Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area. No need to get caught up in the actual content of this body text, we just typed a bunch of meaningless sentences.
What is a "first-term airman?"
This term refers to a young enlisted airman in which Barksdale is his/her first duty station out of Basic Training/Tech School.
Why young airmen?
There are over 900 young airmen living in the dorms at Barksdale and many of them simply do not have the financial means to travel. Some of these airmen have not seen their family in over one or two years. We want to help make that possible.
How are they selected?
There is an application process that airmen go through that happens between the Company Grade Officers Council at Barksdale and their leadership and the airmen's supervision.
How many are selected?
That depends on how much is donated. Operation Bright Holiday is completely funded through donations, most of which comes from the surrounding community of Shreveport/Bossier. In years past, this program has grown from just a handful of airmen being sent home to close to 100 last year.
All around, this helps make Christmas better for many of our airmen at Barksdale and shows them that their community loves them and supports them.